Winner, winner, some-kinda-chicken-will-be for dinner! I didn’t plan out this week, so now I need to decide what to make with chicken for my family tonight. I have both boneless skinless breast and thighs, so there are approximately 2,534,368 different options. Here are a few that will appeal to my crew, in no particular order.
- Bourbon Street Chicken. The recipe isn’t really a recipe. It’s the McCormick bourbon street seasoning and Teriyaki sauce, per the poster on the wall of any Golden Corral restaurant. Served with rice or mashed potatoes, and a side of broccoli.
- Pho Ga! My super-cheater-not-authentic method is a big hit with my family. I slice then broil the chicken, seasoned simply with salt and pepper, then make a broth with Chicken Better Than Bullion and a bit of green curry paste (I prefer this one from Aroy D). I chop up some cilantro for garnish, put out the sriracha, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce, then everyone customizes their own bowl with blanched rice noodles, chicken, and various-pre-cooked-veggies like broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage.
- This Lemon Garlic Cream Chicken recipe, but made with dried basil (added with the broth) because I don’t have (and won’t go to store for) fresh herbs. I pound the chicken pretty thin to speed up cooking, and it’s really tasty. Served over mashed potatoes or some kinda pasta, with (surprise!) broccoli on the side.
- Chicken alfredo casserole, still with broccoli on the side.
- Good ol’ chicken stir fry over rice. Assorted veg. This happens 8/10 times I have chicken and no particular plan for it.
My current goal is for 2018 to be when I make my triumphant return to meal planning. It wasn’t in resolution form, but more of “hey I should start doing that and it’s halfway through January” form.