UPDATED- Meal plan #20180122

It has been approximately 10,572 since I posted a meal plan. Here we go!

  • Monday is our weekly friends dinner. We rotate hosting with five other families, so I have to cook a huge meal about once a month on a Monday, and the rest of the time I just go show up at a friends house and get to eat. We have a shared calendar to keep track of where to go, and this week is one of those just-show-up-and-eat Mondays. I’m pretty psyched. UPDATE: we got a ton of snow, so I picked up the kids at 3PM and we stayed home shoveling rather than venturing out for dinner with friends. We rewarded ourselves for shoveling with plenty of hot cocoa, then had pizza, apple slices, nachos with leftover chicken for dinner at home. There ended up being more than a foot of snow, and some school buses in St. Paul were still dropping off kids at 11PM. It was nuts!
  • Tuesday UPDATE- There was no school so we hung out, built snow forts, and had a great time. Dinner plans stayed the same and as promised we had cheeseburgers. Mine was  loaded up with sauteed mushrooms & shallots, mozzarella cheese, parmesan, and marinara. The kid had cheddar cheese, ketchup, and sweet chili sauce. Fries and Caesar salad on the side in memory of trips to The Convention Grill.
  • Wednesday Coconut curry chicken with veggies! I use this green curry paste from Arroy D and serve it over rice. Please note: chicken thighs are a must for this dish. Please also note: there will be cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, snow peas, green onions, and cilantro too. This is my absolute favorite type of leftovers, so I’ll be making a huge batch.
  • Thursday Baked fish with lemon pepper/garlic/butter sauce- I bake thawed fillets with the sauce on top in a pyrex dish at 350 for 10-15 minutes. The time is a guess, I just check to see if they’re done and cooked through while I do other stuff in the kitchen. Served with plenty of lemon slices at the table, green beans and garlic bread on the side.
  • Friday we have the day off! As long as they make snow at Afton Alps, we are going with the snowboarding/skiing club from Capitol Hill. There’s a 75% chance of us going to Culvers or Snuffy’s for dinner that night, and a 25% chance that I’ll make Calzones at home for dinner.

So there it is! As always, this menu is not contractually binding and will be changed at my discretion. At some point next weekend I’d also like to make some pie, but I’m not quite ready to commit to getting it done.

1 thought on “UPDATED- Meal plan #20180122

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close