How on earth do I keep doing this to myself?! Last week: no grocery shopping or planning was done. There was chaos. So guess what I did again? I neglected my grocery shopping/meal planning.
(Insert freaking out here)
The good things that took the place of grocery shopping include: Darian having a friend overnight on Friday. Kimathi having a GREAT first basketball game on Saturday, and getting the first points on the board. Getting treated to a new jacket without having to go to 10,000,000,000 different stores. Playing rockband with family. A really good service at my church. Having my nephew over to play & going to a park on Sunday afternoon.
I’m *trying* to focus on all the good stuff that was packed in the last week. I haven’t done any grocery shopping at all yet, but here’s what I’m hoping will happen.
- Monday We are low on time today, and I’m drained x 10. So either we are picking something up on the way home, or stopping at a grocery store so I can get ingredients for minute steak sandwiches. Like Martha’s but with soft bread. Salad on the side.
- Tuesday Dinner with friends! It’s not my turn to cook this one.
- Wednesday Tandoori chicken with mixed veggies. *Update* The chicken was ahhhhhhhhmazing. I doubled everything but the yogurt, purreed it in my blender, then covered double the requested chicken in it for like 40 minutes. Then I cooked it in a couple batches it in a hot/oiled skillet. I probably more than tripped the turmeric, because it’s delicious.
- Thursday Beef & broccoli stir-fry over rice. Dumplings on the side.
- Friday The Gathering at ARTS-Us, in partnership with the KAYSC. This happens every third Friday and provides a free community dinner. Join us some time!
(Insert more freaking out here)