Being an adult. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…. Waaaaa waaaa………
Ok. Back to business. This week will be all about business, because I have a burning need to get my house in order.
I spent the better part of this past weekend helping close up a cabin- I brought the boys along and they got to fish, swim (aka jump off a dock repeatedly), and go on boat rides. I got to haul stuff, take stuff down, winterize and lift things. It was a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of it all, and I was beyond happy to help out my family friends.
HOWEVER. When I returned home, it was glaringly obvious that I needed to put some of that same elbow grease into winterizing my own home. Organizing, scrubbing, cleaning and more organizing is badly, BADLY needed. And I have a guest coming on October 12th, so there’s my deadline!
But! It will feel great once I’m done. And who knows, maybe I’ll even call in some reinforcements to keep me on track and help with some of the scrubbing.
Menu plan with all the fun sucked out of it:
- Monday Leftover chicken curry with veggies and rice.
- Tuesday Shredded beef sandwiches, broccoli slaw, corn.
- Wednesday Fish and chips, salad.
- Thursday Leftover shredded beef re-seasoned with salsa and cumin for shredded beef taco bowls- with pico, guac, lettuce, and served over cilantro lime rice.
- Friday Crockpot meatloaf, red potatoes with garlic butter, broccoli.
- Saturday Chili & fixins.
- Sunday Roast chicken, green beans, baked potatoes.
I’ll say it again: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!