So it’s official. Last night’s lasagna (along with the breadsticks I made using Trader Joe’s garlic & herb pizza dough) was the biggest hit in the history of hits. The family was *excited* and satisfied. It was so good.
It can only go down hill from here… But here it goes anyway!
- Monday Sauteed chicken breast with a garlic/goat cheese/pepperoncini stuffing, topped with a quick thyme/broth/cream pan sauce. Inspired by Martha, but with my own tweaks. Served over garlic mashed potatoes. Corn on the cob and broccoli on the side.
- Tuesday Beef stew with rutabagas, carrots, celery, onions & more over rice. Green beans on the side.
- Wednesday Orange/teriyaki chicken, stir fried rice noodles with carrots/cabbage/peapods, side of green beans.
- Thursday Jazzed up leftovers! Hopefully some beef stew in bread bowls, any lingering lasagna from Sunday, and salad if there aren’t enough veggies.
- Friday Pasta with smoked sausage, peppers, and a spicy/garlicky tomato sauce. Spinach and breadsticks on the side. I’m going to *TRY* and make this garlic and herb pizza dough on Thursday night, but if I run out of time/motivation I’ll pick up the magical dough from Trader Joes again.
- Saturday/Sunday: Cabin weekned! We’re helping close up a family friend’s cabin for the winter. Food will be taken care of. Bliss!