It’s another week with a menu plan. Here we go!
- Monday is our weekly Friends Dinner, and it’s not my week to cook. Three cheers for someone else taking care of dinner!
- Tuesday I’ll grill up some pork chops, steam some broccoli, and serve it with some kind of pasta.
- Wednesday I’ll be making vegetarian burritos with plenty of guacamole and whatever salsa we have in stock.
- Thursday is going to once again be Stir-fry Stursday. I’ll be making a garlicky/spicy/soy/sesame beef stir-fry with whatever veggies need to be used up (probably some cabbage, carrots, and broccoli), served with plenty of rice.
- Friday the kids have the day off, and they’ll be hanging out with their dad. I’ll pack them lunches to take on whatever adventure they have. I’ll make baked chicken with mashed potatoes and some kind of wine sauce/gravy for dinner, with creamed spinach on the side.
Here are a few new cookie/dessert recipes that I’m hoping to try in the near future. The kiddos will vote, with very official ballots, and democratically pick one to make this weekend:
- Snickerdoodles either this recipe from Epicurious or this one from Genius Kitchen.
- Dessert wontons which are not any kind of authentic, but sound like a pretty dang good idea. I’d come up with a few different fillings, like Nutella or sweetened cream cheese, then fry em up and dust them in cinnamon sugar.
- Florentines! Yes, they are technically a Christmas cookie, but I won’t tell if you don’t. I’ve been wanting to try Giada’s recipe for some time.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, which are eggless. Of course. These will probably win the poll.
They may or may not be overruled by the electoral college of what ingredients I have on hand. That’s all for now. Bye!