Last weekend was the apple orchard, so by law I now need to make all my apples into pie. Most of my prep-time will be spent on pie crust, so here’s this week’s low maintenance meal plan:
- Monday Crockpot meatloaf as described in this far-too-long-pin-description, smashed red potatoes, gravy, and green beans. Hellooooo comfort food!
- Tuesday Spiced up chicken and veggie stirfry. I pretty much have to force myself to make other stuff, because if I had my way I would eat this every other day. Chicken is cut up into bite sized strips and seasoned with salt, pepper, and turmeric, stir fried in oil and set aside. Reduce heat, add onions, then carrots, broccoli (splashes of water to steam as necessary), and finally snow peas. Add garlic and fresh ginger, cook til fragrant and remove. To the dry pan, add in teriyaki sauce and more turmeric and pepper. get it bubbly, then add back in chicken and thicken it up again with a cornstarch slurry. Stir back in the veg, and serve with rice.
- Wednesday Burritos with steak strips, back bean, cilantro lime rice, and all the salsa/guac/sour cream. Home made Chipotle!
- Thursday Meaty marinara with ground turkey, seasoned up with ground fennel seed and red pepper flakes to make it taste like sausage, plenty of olive oil, and fresh basil. Served mixed into buttered pasta (with more plain buttered pasta on the side for after they finish their helping). Garlic bread and broccoli on the side.
- Friday Burgers with toppings galore. Oven fries and Caesar salad on the side.
In other news, Halloween weekend is here! Trick or treating will happen. Foods will happen. Lots of candy will be happen.