Here’s what we have going on in food-eating-land. Please note that sports-related-madness continues to be very real.
- Monday: Beef stew over rice plus some kinda veg. This is happening right now in my slow cooker, so this is pretty much the only thing that is . I browned hunks of beef chuck this morning, and when I get home I’ll add in carrots, celery, rutabaga, and some other stuff, thicken it up, and serve it over rice. This dish is yum-yummy-yum-yum in my tum-tummy-tum-tum.
- Tuesday Chicken curry with ALL the veggies. Mmmmmmm coconut milk.
- Wednesday My cop out meal for the week: turkey dogs! Oh yes, there will be fixins. Greens on the side.
- Thursday Fish n’ chips. And by chips, I mean french fries for those of you who don’t know. Tartar sauce all over the place. Salad to start. Deliciousness.
- Friday Chicken broccoli alfredo. Garlic bread. Noodle, noodles, and more noodles.
Here’s what we have going in activity-land.
- Baseball/Tball The end is near. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! The 23rd is the last game. I’m pretty thrilled about it.
- Parks and Parks and Parks We went hiking and wading at Minnehaha Falls this past weekend, and it was exactly what I needed in my life. This weekend we’re headed out to Hyland Lake Park, and I’m pretty pumped for all the playing the boys will get to do. I’m pretty sure I’ll be out there climbing around too, because it looks seriously awesome.
- Camping! The last weekend of the month we’re camping at St. Croix State Park and it will be three days of bliss. I’m also attempting to squeeze in a trip to camp in northern MN, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be late August/early September. Because this is exactly the kind of outdoor stuff I need.
- Water it’s everywhere, and I need to be in it more. I think that for the remainder of summer, Sunday needs to be Lake-day. Who’s with me?