So here’s the thing- I usually try to post this on Mondays. “Why is that” asked no one. Here’s why: it starts my week with a I-got-this-handled kinda feeling. Even when I don’t exactly have it handled. It’s my virtual security blanket of meal planning, and adds a very necessary everything-is-going-to-be-ok-because-dinner-is-scheduled-kinda-feeling. That’s a real thing.
Last week, on my son’s sixth birthday, his great aunt Barbara passed away. She had been having health issues for the past few years, so it wasn’t entirely unexpected, but it still hit me pretty hard. The viewing was Saturday, then I ended up having the boys and a friend sleep over that night, and the funeral with Sunday. This has taken the stuffing right out of me, and I expect to be discombobulated for some time.
Positives: time with family, planning a trip to visit my Grandma Garvey this Wednesday/Thursday/Friday during Darian’s spring break, and a job that is about as caring and understanding as they come. I didn’t get much done in the way of grocery shopping for my week, but between the meat I have in the freezer and the 6-8 pounds of veggies left over from the massive veggie tray I made, I should be set.
Here’s the meal plan:
- Monday We had make-up burgers, fries, and brussels sprouts. (Darian was too sick to his stomach to eat his birthday burgers last week, and threw up all over his bed in the middle of the night. Fun times.)
- Tuesday Chicken Curry over rice, with plenty of leftovers to stock the fridge while I’m gone.
- Wednedsay We hit the road around noon! Meals in Appleton, WI to be determined.
- Thursday In Appleton all day ❤ ❤
- Friday Driving back to St. Paul in the afternoon, probably having dinner on the road.
- Saturday Brunch with my boys, laundry, burritos for dinner, then a ladies painting night in NE Minneapolis.
- Sunday Beef stew, grocery shopping, meal prep, maybe roasting a chicken.
There, now I feel more like a normal person. Or at least more like my normal.