Lessons learned last week:
- Meal planning does in fact save my butt and make life easier. I should keep doing it.
- I’m not great at using free time for something other than work and grocery shopping… but I also squeezed in a haircut and managed to feel relaxed & appreciative of my alone time! Definitely a step in the right direction.
- Both kids played in their basketball league last Saturday and it was madness and wonderful all at the same time. This coming Saturday will be the last one that the boys both have bball games, then Kimathi’s season ends and it will just be Darian.
- My first strawberry pie ever is delicious, but I seriously need to improve my blind baked pie crust. Rave reviews in spite of the crust not being just right.
- Snow + above zero temps = Darian snowboarding (such joy).
Ok! So! I’m short on time. But here we go.
Life plan: Regular school/work/homework during the week but Darian’s school carnival is happening this Friday while Kimathi is snowboarding. I *will* be present and thankful for the opportunity to get him extra time with his school friends. I *will not* freak out, give in to my introverted tenancies, and conveniently “forget” about it.
Now, on to the Meal Plan. No pictures/graphics. No time. Ok, I lied….
- Monday Pot roast I cooked yesterday (so good!) reheated with some extra liquid, served over mashed potatoes, broccoli on the side. And probably some rolls too. Because juices.
- Tuesday Grilled Chicken burritos, guac, bean and rice, fresh salsa, with a chopped salad of some sort on the side. Kid-less and spicy!
- Wednesday Pasta with smoked sausage, peppers and onions, and a side salad.
- Thursday Chicken Pot Pie casserole, biscuits, broccoli on the side.
- Friday *Crossroads Carnival* we’ll be buying burgers and hot dogs. Fresh fruit in the car on the drive there to balance it out.
- Weekend I have to make pancakes Saturday morning or there will be a riot. Birthday dinner out with a friend on Saturday! I’m also planning on making burgers and fries at some point. And chocolate chip cookies.
Well there you have it. The briefest life plan in the history of me posting life plans. Not that there’s a lot to go off of, statistically speaking. Have a great week, friends!