Mondaaaaaaaaaaaay! Because yesterday was a holiday where my office was closed, today is officially Monday. Even though it’s Tuesday. Thankfully, it’s a Monday with only three weekday after it. Which makes it a slightly more awesome than usual Monday.
Ok! I’m glad we covered that. Here is what I will be stuffing in my face this week, and I guess my family can eat some of it too.
- Monday This already happened! I made slow cooked shredded beef sandwiches, corn on the cob and green beans. Yum, yum, yum.
- Tuesday Breakfast for dinner! The kids requested it about 10,000 times this weekend… Buttermilk pancakes w/ maple syrup, sausages, sweet potato hash browns (with pre-cooked peppers and onions), and cantaloupe.
- Wednesday Because I want to force it to be fall, I’m making smoked sausage with cabbage, carrots, cellery, potatoes and rutabaga. Pretty much like this recipe from taste of home, but with more stuff in it.
- Thursday Using left over shredded beef plus pepper and onions for a Philly cheese steak style pizza. With a garlicky butter sauce and mozzarella/provolone blend of cheeses! And some kind of salad! I’m so excited!
- Friday Broccoli, rice pilaf, some kind of dessert extravaganza, and this funky chicken: Sauteed chicken, topped with a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, [diced pickled jalapenos for the adults], and scallions, then THAT is topped with buttered/seasoned panko bread crumbs and broiled til golden brown. It’s a taste-sensation, and sounds way more tricky than it actually is.
Also, I have zero plans for the weekend foods. It may be all leftovers and sandwiches, because I’m pretty sure *both* boys have soccer. Have a good week everybody!