I haven’t figured out how I want to update previous posts yet, so let’s do a whole new post. Cool? Cool. I’m glad we had this talk.
Yesterday, I unintentionally undermined date night. The Man and I were supposed to have an evening together, but I forgot and agreed to have the boys over Saturday night. I mean, how could you possibly keep your normal plans when you could have more of this in your life?
They’re nerds. And I love it. Now, I’m planning our extended time together! I told The Man, and he was surprisingly not mad at all. He suggested yard camping with our boys. Usually they get picked up around 3:30PM, so having the whole day gives us a lot more freedom.
So! Here is our tentative Saturday agenda:
- Breakfast: Pancakes, and savory sausage french toast, and fruit, oh my!
- Tent set up- because we’re camping in our back yard Saturday night. Shenanigans are highly likely.
- Lunch: Cheeseburgers on homemade buns, with fruit & veggies of some sort.
- Afternoon Extravaganza! First we head to Sea Life at the Mall of America, where we have a year long pass. Then, if we can get away without going to LegoLand, we’ll have indoor play time at Adventure Peak.
- Dinner: I’m not sure yet. Maybe brats? Maybe roasting marshmallows for dessert? I’ll report back next week.
- Evening: Yard camping! Yee haw! So far it looks like the weather will cooperate. I don’t plan on telling the boys, on the off chance that we get rained out. We’re not especially hard core about yard camping through the rain.
So that’s it! The entire update! Sunday morning will be cold cereal, then church. I’m excited for the weekend now, so that should make the week fly by. What kind of weekend plans do you get excited about?