What you focus on expands. What you focus on grows. – Author unknown.
That’s probably paraphrased, because Google was no help. I’ve seen this on vision boards and Pinterest, and it has stuck with me.
So how do you keep yourself from feeling perpetually distracted? Feeling pulled in many directions? How do you pick what to give your focus, and after you decide, how do you stick to it? I hope some of you have some answers to share. My solution for the time being is to start running outside again vs the dreaded treadmill, try to be present and thankful, and keep up this whole meal plan routine.
- Monday Faux Chicken Parmesan-sautéed chicken, pasta, and red sauce combined & topped with toasted breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Served with asparagus.
- Tuesday Personal sized meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans.
- Wednesday Coconut milk curry chicken & veg (onions, garlic, celery, carrots, snow peas) over rice, garnished with fresh cilantro.
- Thursday Brats. I’m going to try my hand at homemade brat buns, but I’m a bit skeptical about getting it to be the right size. Sides of buttered corn on the cob, and broccoli slaw with shredded cheddar cheese, apples cut into match sticks, balsamic dressing.
- Friday Smoked beef sausage (sliced & seared) with peppers/onions/garlic (pan deglazed with beef stock, add butter and stir/reduce to make a sauce), toss in penne pasta & season with salt & pepper. Sauteed broccoli on the side.
- Saturday Greek Chicken Salad! This is finally happening again, and I am so very excited. Sauteed chicken thigh with lemon pepper seasoning/garlic, rice with lemon/dill/feta, roma tomatoes, cukes, quick picked thin sliced red onion, and pre-fab greek dressing. Topped with more feta & pita chips for croutons. Prep for Easter dinner.
- Sunday Easter feasting. Brunch with all the fixns. Dinner with extended family.